Dear Clients & Friends,

When you are driving your car and there is an accident in which the other driver is at fault, you rely on their insurance company to pay for medical bills, vehicle repairs, and lost wages from work. But what happens if the other driver carries minimal insurance and it is not enough to cover your losses?  What if the other driver has no insurance at all? What if you are unable to locate the other driver?

You need to look at your car insurance policy to check your liability protection. That liability protection amount protects you when you are the one who caused the accident – it is how much you are insured for the medical bills and vehicle damage that you had caused. You also need to check your uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist coverage. The UM/UIM protects you when the at-fault driver has minimal (or no) insurance. If the at fault driver only has the minimum $15k policy and you have a $100k in coverage, you can reach into your own policy for an additional $85k for coverage. But would that be enough in a serious accident?

You can increase your insurance protection that will fit your needs and the needs of your loved ones but be smart about any changes to your insurance policy. If you have any questions about your policy, feel free to call or email me. If you are ever involved in an auto or motorcycle accident, make sure to call The Angelos Legal Group for a private consultation.

Be well. John CM

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply